Sunday, January 30, 2022

1/30/22 Sam Houston Race Park Late Pick Four - Results

Race 8 - The John B Connally Turf Cup - DEAD HEAT - # 6 Fantasioso (Arg) (Final Odds 9.40) - "C" Selection / # 9 Another Mystery (23.80) - "B" Selection
Race 9 - The Stonerside Sprint - # 2 Greeley and Ben (3.50) - "A" Selection
Race 10 - The Jersey Lily - # 2 Breeze Rider (0.80*) - "A" Selection
Race 11 - # 7 Public Information (0.70*) - "A" Selection

A few lessons learned in Sunday's play.  I had commented in the preview that, were I making a Pick Six play, that I would probably make Greeley and Ben a big ticket single.  Had I singled Greeley and Ben in my Pick Four play, rather than going three deep in that leg, I certainly would have saved myself a significant sum of money.

Sunday's play also provided another lesson in the benefits of playing backup tickets.  Yes, it would have been much nicer had Another Mystery been just that much quicker and won the Grade 3 John B Connally Turf Cup outright.  But on the other hand, it would have really sucked had Another Mystery been just that much slower, and I didn't have the backup tickets to give me a safety net.  Anyway, all things considered, I have absolutely no complaints, as I will take today's results every day of the week and twice on Sunday (see what I did there?).

For the record, here are the $0.50 Will Pays for the other two runners to which I would have cashed in the nightcap:

# 8 Paynter Party (2.70) - $313.60 Finish: 2nd
# 11 Half Ours to Keep (4.60) - $336.70 Finish: 3rd

But that's what might have been.  What actually came to be was a correct Late Pick Four sequence of  6,9 / 2 / 2 / 7  which paid $94.70 for a fifty cent wager.  Since I had it twice (thanks to the Dead Heat in the first leg) I pocket $189.40.  That makes for a profit of $120.40 on my initial $69 investment, or approximate odds of 1.74-1.

I hope you all had it with me.  May God bless us as we spend our winnings.

Onto the next race!

Peace and Love,

Jimbo

No comments: