Thursday, September 29, 2022

9/29/22 Remington Park Primetime Pick Four - Results

Race 6 - # 4 Red Devil (Final Odds 0.70*) - "B" Selection
Race 7 - # 3 Twice the Price (6.20) - "C" Selection
Race 8 - # 3 Chikara (2.60) - "A" Selection
Race 9 - # 7 Ragan's Jet (2.00) - "A" Selection

On the down side, going five deep (in a seven horse field) just to watch the odds-on Post Time Favorite win the opening leg by daylight is not exactly expert handicapping.  In my defense, had I known that Red Devil would go to Post at 0.70* (off a 5-2 Morning Line) I would have adjusted my play accordingly.

On the up side, I was correct to play against Morning Line & Post Time Favorite # 7 Cole Spur (1.90*) in the second leg, as Cole Spur had to settle for the Show dough.  Unfortunately, I didn't select the correct runner in the second leg, as I did not expect Twice the Price, who entered Thursday's contest with a Lifetime record of one-for-twenty-one, to decide that tonight was the night for him to capture career victory number two.

Additional pluses included getting two "A" Selections home (including my big ticket single) to end the sequence, neither of whom was the Post Time Favorite.  Add up all those pluses, and Thursday was still a day for me to contribute instead of collect.

Oh well; onto the next race.

Meanwhile, those who had the correct Primetime Pick Four sequence of  4 / 3 / 3 / 7  were rewarded with a payout of $111.15 for their fifty cent wager.  May God bless them as they spend their winnings.

Peace and Love,

Jimbo

No comments: