Saturday, April 1, 2023

4/1/23 Turfway Park Late Pick Five - Results

Race 5 - # 10 Golden Dagger (Final Odds 3.96) - "C+" Selection
Race 6 - # 3 Peruvian Lucky (2.59) - "C+" Selection
Race 7 - The Serena's Song - # 7 Sunday Shoes (1.17*) - "A" Selection
Race 8 - # 4 Takafumi (Brz) (2.78) - "A" Selection
Race 9 - # 11 Noble Jon (8.63) - "C" Selection

Not a horrible evening of handicapping.  After all, I did get my big ticket single home in Sunday Shoes.  I also got another of my "A" Selections home, Takafumi (Brz), and Takafumi wasn't the Post Time Favorite.  But those were the only two big ticket winners that I had correct.

Worse was my overall impression of the first two legs.  I had sided with the experienced runners in the opening leg, only to watch debut entrant Golden Dagger get under the wire first.  In the second leg I had faded the experienced runners in favor of the first timers, just to have, yep, Peruvian Lucky win in her sixth try.  I feel justified in recommending the usage of the "ALL" button in the nightcap, as that leg produced the highest paying winner in the sequence; so I'll put that one in the positive column, despite not following that recommendation myself.

Oh well; onto the next race.

Meanwhile, those who had the correct Late Pick Five sequence of  10 / 3 / 7 / 4 / 11  were rewarded with a payout of $2,413.89 for their fifty cent wager.  Those who had four out of the five correct collect $21.87.  Unfortunately, tonight I find myself belonging to neither group.  

May God bless all who profited as they spend their winnings.

Peace and Love,

Jimbo

No comments: