Friday, June 29, 2012

AND WE'RE OFF!

Hello Hello!


Glad you made it here.  I'm even more glad that I made it here.


The plan is to use this area to record my thoughts and observations about thoroughbred horse racing in North America.  Basically, this is the stuff that I would send out occasionally in emails to my friends, family, and crew.  My hope is to use this blog to keep all those words of wisdom (and the not infrequent words of folly) all together in one (relatively) easy to find spot.  And if others outside my circle should find something here of interest, so much the better.


I've been hesitant to do this primarily because I feel this blog has an excellent of ending up like millions of blogs before it: forgotten and abandoned.  You know what I mean; it seems like most new blogs start out with five posts the first week; then five posts the next month; then five posts the next quarter; then five posts the next year; until finally the blog is just abandoned.  Hopefully that won't happen here; but it would be silly to pretend that it may not.


Another reason why I was hesitant to start this blog is because of my personal schedule; primarily, how I like to spend my leisure time.  I typically plan my annual vacations to coincide with the Kentucky Derby and the Breeders' Cup; the two biggest thoroughbred horse racing events of the year.  For those two weekends you will find me with my mates in Vegas; and I can assure you, posting blog entries during those weekends will be pretty much the furthest thing from my mind.  So that means that this blog about horse racing will be dark on horse racing's biggest days.  I suppose the equivalent would be a blog about American football that shuts down every year in the days leading up to and including Super Bowl Sunday.  So that will be different.


To close out this intro, let me just add this disclaimer:


IF ANY INFORMATION ON THIS BLOG HELPS YOU WIN, I TAKE ALL OF THE CREDIT; HOWEVER, IF ANY INFORMATION ON THIS BLOG CAUSES YOU TO LOSE, I ACCEPT NONE OF THE BLAME.


Peace and Love,


Jimbo

No comments: