Saturday, July 4, 2020

7/4/20 Pleasanton Late Pick Four - Results

Race 7 - # 4 Ride Out the Storm (Final Odds 11.70) - "B" Selection
Race 8 - The Oak Tree Sprint - # 6 Anyportinastorm (0.10*) - "A" Selection
Race 9 - # 7 Cartellate (3.00*) - "B" Selection
Race 10 - # 5 Rowdyrooster (4.80) - "A" Selection

Watching the two shortest prices on the board finish one-two in the third leg wasn't what I had in mind when I punched the "ALL" button.  And I would have been better off leaving # 9 Hold Me Close (7.90) off the main ticket in the final leg, as he proved that the twenty-third time was not the charm.  But I did get my big ticket single home in the Oak Tree Sprint; and getting a non-Post Time Favorite "A" Selection home was a nice way to close out the sequence.  So overall I did more things right than wrong, thus making Saturday a day for me to collect instead of contribute.

For the record, here are the $0.50 Will Pays for the other three runners to which I would have cashed in the nightcap:

# 1 Gold N Grand (1.40*) - $126.95 Finish: 5th
# 2 Blues Rapper (3.10) - $153.90 Finish: 3rd
# 9 Hold Me Close (7.90) - $307.95 Finish: 4th

But that's what might have been.  What actually came to be was a correct Late Pick Four sequence of  4 / 6 / 7 / 5  which paid $444.65 for a fifty cent wager.  That makes for a profit of $367.65 on my initial $77 investment; or approximate odds of 4.77-1.

I hope you all had it with me.  May God bless us as we spend our winnings.

Onto the next race!

Peace and Love,

Jimbo

No comments: