Saturday, April 2, 2022

4/2/22 Turfway Park Late Pick Four - Results

Race 9 - The Animal Kingdom - # 1 Nobals (Final Odds 3.50) - "B" Selection
Race 10 - The Kentucky Cup Classic - # 6 King Cause (19.30) - "C" Selection
Race 11 - The Bourbonette Oaks - # 4 Candy Raid (52.30) - "C" Selection
Race 12 - The Jeff Ruby Steaks - # 7 Tiz the Bomb (1.60*) - "A" Selection

The key mistake in my play that I could learn from and correct for future plays was not using Tiz the Bomb as a big ticket single.  Tiz the Bomb was indeed a standout, and I should have used him as such.

In the Bourbonette Oaks, I made # 10 North County (4.70) my top selection, despite North County having finished seventh last time out in the Grade 2 Rachel Alexandra.  Well, it never occurred to me to use Candy Raid, who had finished more than a length behind North County in the Rachel Alexandra, on the main ticket as well.  In retrospect, it's fair to say that I should have given King Cause more consideration in the Kentucky Cup Classic.  But Candy Raid?  I still can't see it.

Oh well; onto the next race.

Meanwhile, those who had the correct Late Pick Four sequence of  1 / 6 / 4 / 7  were rewarded with a payout of $11,924.85 for their fifty cent wager.  May God bless them as they spend their winnings.

Peace and Love,

Jimbo

No comments: