Saturday, May 21, 2022

5/21/22 Pimlico Preakness Pick 4 - Results

Race 10 - The James W Murphy - # 10 Joe (Final Odds 1.90) - "B" Selection
Race 11 - The Sir Barton - # 1 Ethereal Road (1.50*) - "A" Selection
Race 12 - The Jim McKay Turf Sprint - # 2 Carotari (1.40*) - "B" Selection
Race 13 - The Preakness # 5 Early Voting (5.70) - "B" Selection

I'll be honest; my original plan was to go only two deep in the Preakness.  But after several runners which I had planned to use in other legs had scratched (for example, # 4 The Addison Pour (ML 15-1) in the Sir Barton) I decided that it was worth it to add another "B" Selection in the featured race, as doing so would not significantly increase the cost of my play.  As that added runner was Early Voting, Saturday proved to be a relatively rare case of me changing my mind being beneficial to my bankroll.

For the record, here are the $0.50 Will Pays for the other two runners to which I would have cashed in the nightcap:

# 4 Secret Oath (5.00) - $81.95 Finish: 4th
# 8 Epicenter (1.20*) - $30.05 Finish: 2nd

But that's what might have been.  What actually came to be was a correct Late Pick Four sequence of  10 / 1 / 2 / 5  which paid $72.25 for a fifty cent wager.  That makes for a profit of $24.25 on my initial $48 investment, or approximate odds of 0.50-1.

I hope you all had it with me.  May God bless us as we spend our winnings.

Onto the next race!

Peace and Love,

Jimbo

No comments: