Sunday, March 20, 2022

3/20/22 Santa Anita Late Pick Four - Results

Race 5 - # 1 Mubtadaa (Final Odds 4.10) - "B" Selection
Race 6 - # 6 For Love Not Money (2.80) - "B" Selection
Race 7 - The Sensational Star - # 2 Brickyard Ride (0.70*) - "B" Selection
Race 8 - # 10 Park Avenue (5.90) - "C" Selection

Did I consider Park Avenue in the final leg when preparing my tickets?  Yes; indeed, I gave Park Avenue a good long look.  But ultimately I decided that Park Avenue's best races had come when she had been able to obtain an easy lead; something that I concluded was unlikely to occur on Sunday.  But while the Equibase chart of the race tells me that a couple of other horses in the field pulled early, none were allowed to run up on the pace with Park Avenue.  So Park Avenue got the easy lead that I thought she wouldn't, and the race and my chances to collect were effectively finished before the field even entered the stretch.

Oh well; onto the next race.

For the record, here are the $0.50 Will Pays for the four runners to which I would have cashed in the final leg:

# 1 Moonlight d’Oro (2.20*) - $87.45 Finish: 4th (Dead Heat)
# 2 New Heat (14.30) - $328.50 Finish: 2nd
# 4 Shore Break (Ire) (12.60) - $486.45 Finish: 4th (Dead Heat)
# 9 Hogans Holiday (12.20) - $306.50 Finish: 9th

Meanwhile, those who had the correct Late Pick Four sequence of  1 / 6 / 2 / 10  were rewarded with a payout of $182.85 for their fifty cent wager.  May God bless them as they spend their winnings.

Peace and Love,

Jimbo

No comments: