Saturday, March 5, 2022

3/5/22 Santa Anita Late Pick Four - Results

Race 8 - # 8 That's Amare (Final Odds 9.20) - "C" Selection
Race 9 - The Beholder Mile - # 3 As Time Goes By (0.30*) - "A" Selection & "C" Selection*
Race 10 - The Kilroe Mile - # 4 Count Again (2.30*) - "C" Selection
Race 11 - The Santa Anita Handicap - # 6 Express Train (1.10*) - "A" Selection

* - # 4 Founder's Day, a "C" Selection, was a late scratch from Race 9; I therefore received Post Time Favorite As Time Goes By in her place.

First things 1/ST, errrrr, first: Saturday was a tremendous day of racing.  The action at Santa Anita and Gulfstream Park with their combined fifteen stakes on this first 1/ST Saturday did not disappoint.  Hopefully we'll be seeing more cards like this in the future.

As regards my play, well, that did disappoint.  The three Graded Stakes that were part of Santa Anita's Late Pick Four all chalked out; an eventuality that I had considered, but decided to wager against coming to pass.  While I had As Time Goes By and Express Train as "A" Selections, I did not have enough confidence to use either one, let alone both, as a single.  As for Count Again, I didn't even have enough confidence to use him on my main ticket; a decision which looked sound up until the final stride of that contest.

So the bottom line was that the last Pick Three of the day chalked out.  Had I correctly handicapped that result coming to pass I might have done a better job of constructing my tickets.  But I didn't; and because of that Saturday was a day for me to contribute instead of collect.

Oh well; onto the next race.

Meanwhile, those who had the correct Late Pick Four sequence of  8 / 3,4 / 4 / 6  were rewarded with a payout of $64.30 for their fifty cent wager.  May God bless them as they spend their winnings.

Peace and Love,

Jimbo

No comments: