Sunday, August 19, 2012

8/19/12 DMR - Preview

Sorry; I don't have any Pick 6 or Pick 4 selections to give you (to either play, or play against).  I have looked at the second half of the Del Mar card for today, and I've decided that the races are contentious enough to avoid the big pots; so I'm going to try to make a profit in one of the smaller pools.  With that philosophy in mind, I'm playing the following Pick 3 ticket:

DEL MAR RACE 6 - The Grade 3 Rancho Bernardo Handicap

I decided to play against the sure to be heavy favorite, # 2 Winding Way.  In order to win today, Winding Way is going to have to do something she hasn't yet done: pass another horse.  She's been dominant in her two victories; but neither race featured anything near the competition she'll be going up against in this field.  # 5 Moonstruck Maya should be the speed of the speed, so I'll use her.  I'm also going to use # 1 Rumor.  I like the way she closed last time out; I like the her career stats on synthetics and at this track; and I like that she was worked seven furlongs nine days ago in preparation for a six and a half furlong race.

DEL MAR RACE 7 - MSW

I'm using the three experienced runners (# 1 Miss Derek; # 6 Truly Marie; and # 9 Secret Memo) as all were close to Beyer Par for this class in their respective lone starts.  I'm also going to use # 3 Madame Cactus; her sire, Cactus Ridge, gets 15% winners from his first time starters; I like Trainer Peter Eurton's stats in the relevant categories; and Jockey Joe Talamo, who clicks at a 26% Win Percentage when teamed with Eurton, gets the mount.

DEL MAR RACE 8 - The Solana Beach Handicap

I'm a sucker for returning past winners of an event, so I'm using the winner of last year's running of this race,    # 9 Halo Dolly.  Since I expect a contentious pace, I'm also going to use # 3 Unusual Hottie, in the hopes that Jockey Garrett Gomez will have her running late.

So my Pick 3 tickets will look like this:

DMR 6: 1 / 5

DMR 7: 1 / 3 / 6 / 9

DMR 8: 3 / 9

and this:

DMR 6: 1

DMR 7: 9

DMR 8: 9

Play them for a buck, and your total cost is $17.

Good luck to all.

Peace and Love,

Jimbo

2 comments:

Jeff G said...

Good job on your picks Jimbo. I was alive on the pick 4 with four horses and came in second and third.

Jimbo said...

Thanks; and Ouch!

We're getting closer. It's just a matter of time.

Peace and Love,

Jimbo