Sunday, August 26, 2012

8/26/12 DMR - Race 9 - The Pacific Classic - Results

In my preview of this race (below), I wrote that I didn't think Game On Dude liked the surface of the Del Mar main track.  Well, The Dude proved me wrong; very wrong, in fact, as he ran The Pacific Classic Stakes in record breaking time, covering the ten furlongs quicker than Acclamation had in setting the previous track record last year in this event.  However, fortunately for me, Game On Dude does not now hold the track record at Del Mar for a mile and a quarter.  That honor belongs to Dullahan, who reached the wire a half-length ahead of Game On Dude to win The Pacific Classic, paying $12.60 / $5.20 / $3.40.

So congratulations to Dullahan, who is now three-for-three on artificial surfaces; all three being Grade 1 victories.  I would also like to publicly thank Dullahan and his connections for their help in fostering the belief that I do (at least occasionally) know what I'm talking about when it comes to thoroughbreds.




I hope you all had it with me.

Onto the next race!

For those interested, the Equibase chart of the race is available here, while the DRF version of events can be viewed here.  DRF also has available online an article by Jay Privman recapping The Pacific Classic, which can be viewed here.

Peace and Love,

Jimbo

No comments: