Saturday, September 14, 2019

9/14/19 Remington Park Primetime Pick Four - Results

Race 6 - # 1 Texas Munny Man (Final Odds 1.30) - "A" Selection
Race 7 - # 3 Cash in the Ticket (0.50*) - "A" Selection
Race 8 - # 1 Tale Twister (7.10) - "B" Selection
Race 9 - # 9 Gray Hope (1.40*) - "B" Selection

Rather formful results for my introduction to the circuit.  On such evenings, it's easy to look back and say that I invested too much cash into my play.  But truth be told, had I cut back on the main ticket, Gray Hope in the nightcap almost certainly would have been the first one cut, leaving me with nothing to cash.

For the record, here are the $0.50 Will Pays for the other three runners to which I would have cashed in the nightcap:

# 3 Disinclined (20.50) - $564.60 Finish: 3rd
# 5 Cosmic Halo (4.00) - $257.40 Finish: 5th
# 10 Promontory (3.20) - $157.95 Finish: 2nd

But that's what might have been.  What actually came to be was a correct Late Pick Four sequence of  1 / 3 / 1 / 9  which paid $89.40 for a fifty cent wager; an amount which is somewhat less than my initial investment of $109.  And while cashing at a loss definitely beats not cashing at all, it's certainly not what I had in mind when I placed my bets.

Oh well; onto the next race.

Peace and Love,

Jimbo

No comments: