Saturday, March 28, 2020

3/28/20 Golden Gate Fields Late Pick Four - Results

Race 6 - # 4 Pulpit Singer (Final Odds 1.30*) - "B" Selection
Race 7 - # 2 Augure (1.20*) - "B" Selection
Race 8 - # 4 Indian Peak (1.20*) - "A" Selection
Race 9 - # 2 Toro de Toro (3.10) - "B" Selection

No real surprises in the sequence, as three Post Time Favorites and one second choice on the tote board find their way into the Winner's Circle.  Needless to say, I'm grateful that I didn't single # 8 Shifty Dancer (0.80*) in the nightcap, as Shifty Dancer disappoints as the Post Time Favorite for the third time in his last five starts.  But while getting that one correct allows me to collect, what I collect is less than what I put in.

For the record, here are the $0.50 Will Pays for the other three runners to which I would have cashed in the nightcap:

# 1 Earnest (14.80) - $167.55 Finish: 7th
# 6 Zedekiah (4.60) - $52.10 Finish: 2nd
# 8 Shifty Dancer (0.80*) - $15.00 Finish: 3rd

But that's what might have been.  What actually came to be was a correct Late Pick Four sequence of  4 / 2 / 4 / 2  which paid $38.75 for a fifty cent wager; an amount which is less than my initial investment of $45.00.  And while cashing at a loss definitely beats not cashing at all, it's certainly not what I had in mind when I placed my bets.

Oh well; onto the next race.

Peace and Love,

Jimbo

No comments: