Friday, November 4, 2022

11/4/22 Keeneland All BC Late Pick Four - Results

Race 7 - The BC Juvenile Fillies - # 5 Wonder Wheel (Final Odds 6.50) - "B" Selection
Race 8 - The BC Juvenile Fillies Turf - # 10 Meditate (Ire) (2.04*) - "A" Selection
Race 9 - The BC Juvenile - # 4 Forte (5.02) - "C" Selection
Race 10 - The BC Juvenile Turf - # 1 Victoria Road (Ire) (5.57) - "C" Selection

Needless to say, not getting my big ticket single home (# 3 Cave Rock (0.47*)) in the third leg was unfortunate.  However, in the overall scheme of things, not getting Cave Rock home proved to be a net positive; because, had Cave Rock won Race 9, my play would have lost due to my failure to find a spot for Victoria Road on my main ticket.

Big Favorites like Cave Rock don't always win, regardless of which sport we're talking about; such is the way these things go.  But errors such as not using an obvious contender at a good price like Victoria Road are the type of mistake that could leave you wondering if you've lost too much off your fastball to continue playing at the highest level.

Anyway, the bottom line is that Friday was a day for me to contribute instead of collect.  I can also remain confident in the quality of my fastball, as the two legs which I missed did see my top "A" Selection run well enough to grab the Place.  And while Cave Rock's defeat was a blessing in disguise, I can hold onto the hope that, good Lord willing, I'll shortly be on the receiving end of a long string of blessings that aren't in disguise.

Oh well; onto the next race.

Meanwhile, those who had the correct All Breeders' Cup Late Pick Four sequence of  5 / 10 / 4 / 1  were rewarded with a payout of $449.83 for their fifty cent wager.  May God bless them as they spend their winnings.

Peace and Love,

Jimbo

No comments: