Sunday, July 7, 2013

7/6/13 Hollywood Park Late Pick Four - Results

We didn't win big; indeed, we didn't even win even money.  But we won; and believe me, winning is much, much better than losing.

Race 7 saw the horse we really liked, # 2 Knucklebuster (Final Odds 3.20) get caught up in an early speed duel, weaken, and finish 9th.  But we had covered the eventual winner, # 4 Freedom Forever (9.50), who came from dead last, ten lengths back, to win by a neck; so we were still alive.

# 4 Super Ability (1.20*) held on to win Race 8 by a length; while, to the surprise of virtually no one, # 2 Game On Dude (0.30*) wired the field in Race 9 - The Hollywood Gold Cup.  Finally, Race 10 saw # 5 Cosmic Heat (4.30) draw clear in the stretch to win by almost five lengths in the finale.

So we connected on all legs with A selections; and the winning Pick Four sequence of  2 / 4 / 2 / 5  was worth $88.30 for a fifty cent wager.  We had invested $47.00, so we didn't quite win even money; but we won more than if we had just put the entire $47.00 on Game On Dude.  Besides, as my close personal friend Sully likes to say, no one ever went broke cashing tickets; and, I can assure you, you will never see me turn up my nose at profit at the track.  So I hope you all had it with me.

Onto the next race!

Peace and Love,

Jimbo

No comments: