Saturday, January 23, 2021

1/23/21 Santa Anita Late Pick Four - Results

Race 6 - # 5 Shadow Sphinx (Final Odds 4.90) - "B" Selection
Race 7 - The Palos Verdes - # 2 Wildman Jack (5.60) - "B" Selection
Race 8 - # 5 Sassyserb (6.20) - "C" Selection
Race 9 - # 9 Shanghai Sunrise (1.20*) - "B" Selection

Here is where I would normally give you the reason why I didn't include my one miss, in this case Sassyserb, on my tickets.  But to be completely honest, after doing a post mortem on my Past Performances, I don't see a good reason why I omitted Sassyserb from my main ticket.  Sassyserb had taken the Place at this class level last time out; an angle which I absolutely love.  Sassyserb had also shown an affinity for Saturday's distance of eight furlongs, as both of Sassyserb's prior career victories had come at that interval.  This was just an unfortunate oversight on my part; and it cost me, as it made Saturday a day for me to contribute instead of collect.

Oh well; onto the next race.

Meanwhile, those who had the correct Late Pick Four sequence of  5 / 2 / 5 / 9  were rewarded with a payout of $421.25 for their fifty cent wager.  May God bless them as they spend their winnings.

Peace and Love,

Jimbo

No comments: