Saturday, June 11, 2022

6/11/22 Belmont Park Belmont Stakes Pick Four - Results

Race 8 - The Jaipur - # 4 Casa Creed (Final Odds 4.20) - "B" Selection
Race 9 - The Metropolitan - # 1 Flightline (0.45*) - "C" Selection
Race 10 - The Manhattan - # 7 Tribhuvan (Fr) (19.10) - "C" Selection
Race 11 - The Belmont Stakes - # 6 Mo Donegal (2.60*) - "B" Selection

You know, while I was watching the Met Mile (aka the Metropolitan) and seeing Flightline get the poor break, get shut off trying to pass on the rail, etc., etc., I was feeling oh so smart about having played against him.  I was thinking I was going to have one of my all-time best days of horse racing wagering as I was watching Flightline struggle, unable to get to the pacesetter, # 2 Speaker’s Corner (2.75).

And then Flightline went wide on the turn, shifted gears, and flew right on by Speaker’s Corner as if Speaker’s Corner was a statue.  And Flightline did that without being asked for his best.  An absolutely amazing performance.

A performance that left me feeling not so smart after all.

Since there were other errors in my handicapping Saturday, when I look back upon how wrong I was regarding Flightline's ability, at least it wasn't a make-or-break mistake regarding my bottom line.

Oh well; onto the next race.

Meanwhile, those who had the correct Belmont Stakes Pick Four sequence of  4 / 1 / 7 / 6  were rewarded with a payout of $221.25 for their fifty cent wager.  May God bless them as they spend their winnings.

Peace and Love,

Jimbo

No comments: