Sunday, June 26, 2022

6/26/22 Woodbine Late Pick Four - Results

Race 7 - The Ballade - # 9 Artie's Princess (Final Odds 0.75*) - "B" Selection
Race 8 - # 2 Lucky Score (4.20) - "B" Selection
Race 9 - # 7 Rocket Joe Copper (3.75) - "A" Selection
Race 10 # 8 Luv to Win (5.90) - "C" Selection

Going five deep in the opening leg just to watch the odds-on Favorite win for fun was certainly not what I would call stellar handicapping on my part.  Still, the larger error that I made Sunday was, after strong consideration, choosing to leave Luv to Win off my main ticket.

I liked Luv to Win because his trainer, Norman McKnight, tends to do quite well with runners debuting in Maiden Claiming contests.  However, seeing as there were multiple runners who had previously finished in the money at this class level, as well as other runners in the field who were making a significant class drop, most of whom were older than the three year old Luv to Win, I thought that Luv to Win would be overmatched.  And I was wrong.  And because of that, Sunday was a day for me to contribute instead of collect.

Oh well, onto the next race.

For the record, here are the $0.20 Will Pays for the four runners to which I would have cashed in the last leg of the sequence:

# 3 Win the Draw (24.30) - $285.17 Finish: 11th
# 5 Bodie (6.50) - $92.91 Finish: 5th
# 6 Wicked Crazy (28.90) - $318.63 Finish: 9th
# 13 Dr Chrome (2.95*) - $ 102.09 Finish: 8th

Meanwhile, those who had the correct Late Pick Four sequence of  9 / 2 / 7 / 8  were rewarded with a payout of $105.72 for their twenty cent wager.  May God bless them as they spend their winnings.

Peace and Love,

Jimbo

No comments: