Thursday, March 23, 2023

3/23/23 Turfway Park Late Pick Four - Results

Race 5 - # 11 Talk Radio (Final Odds 4.00) - "A" Selection
Race 6 - # 11 Sweets Maker (3.88) - "A" Selection
Race 7 - # 5 Bakers Bay (1.85) - "B+" Selection
Race 8 - # 6 Roan for the Rose (1.10*) - "B" Selection & "A" Selection*

* - # 8 Bodieful was a late scratch from Race 8, so I received Roan for the Rose, the Post Time Favorite, in her place.

Because of the late scratch of Bodieful in the nightcap, I can't claim that everything came together just as I had drawn it up.  Regardless, the important thing is that it came together.  Which is something that hadn't happened in too long a time frame.

For the record, here are the $0.50 Will Pays for the other two runners to which I would have cashed in the nightcap:

# 3 Jahez (23.03) - $1280.73 Finish: 8th
# 7 Hillbilly Logic (5.50) - $345.94 Finish: 5th

But that's what might have been.  What actually came to be was a correct Late Pick Four sequence of 11 / 11 / 5 / 6 which paid $91.97 for a fifty cent wager.  Well, actually, thanks to penny breakage and rounding, it paid $91.975.  Having Roan for the Rose as a “B” Selection means that my All A Entries with All B Entries ticket collects.  Having Roan for the Rose replace my “A” Selection, Bodieful, who was a late scratch, means that I collect again on my All A Entries with All B Entries ticket, as well as my (one dollar) All A Entries with All B+ Entries ticket.  So I collect that $91.975 four times, for a total of $367.90.  That makes for a profit of $296.90 on my initial $71 investment, or approximate odds of 4.18-1.

I hope you all had it with me.  May God bless us as we spend our winnings.

Onto the next race!

Peace and Love,

Jimbo

No comments: