Friday, May 5, 2023

5/5/23 Churchill Downs Kentucky Oaks Pick Four - Results

Race 8 - The Unbridled Sidney - # 11 Caravel (Final Odds 0.74*) - "A" Selection
Race 9 - The La Troienne - # 1 Played Hard (8.93) - "C" Selection
Race 10 - The Edgewood - # 8 Heavenly Sunday (9.68) - "C+" Selection
Race 11 - The Kentucky Oaks - # 14 Pretty Mischievous (10.37) - "C" Selection

Certainly getting only one runner home on my primary ticket was not my goal when I handicapped Friday's card.  But two other runners on my primary ticket, # 4 Secret Oath (1.68*) in the La Troienne, and # 11 Revalita (Fr) (8.51) in the Edgewood, both took the Place in their respective races, with their combined margin of defeat being approximately a single length.  But truth be told, even if luck had broken my way in the those  two contests, I still would have failed to collect Friday, because I had no clue with regards to the Kentucky Oaks.

Oh well; onto the next race.

Meanwhile, those who had the correct Kentucky Oaks Pick Four sequence of  11 / 1 / 8 / 14 were rewarded with a payout of $543.81 for their fifty cent wager.  May God bless them as they spend their winnings.

Peace and Love,

Jimbo

No comments: