Sunday, February 11, 2018

2/11/18 Santa Anita Late Pick Four - Results

Race 6 - # 6 Old School Ike (Final Odds 0.40*) - "A" Selection
Race 7 - # 3 Lucy De (3.80) - "A" Selection
Race 8 - # 1 Backintheacademy (1.30*) - "A" Selection
Race 9 - The Sweet Life - # 4 War Heroine (4.60) - "B" Selection

Not much to say when the horses run true to form, other than to give a sigh of relief that I didn't talk myself off any of the logical contenders.  The sequence played pretty much as expected; not just by me, but also as envisioned by many other punters as well.

For the record, here are the $0.50 Will Pays for the other three runners to which I would have cashed in the nightcap:

# 1 Out of The Flames (GB) (2.40) - $38.10 Finish: 3rd
# 5 Finess Bere (Fr) (4.10) - $61.85 Finish: 4th
# 8 Ms Bad Behavior (2.20*) - $35.40 Finish: 2nd

Had either Out of The Flames (GB) or Ms Bad Behavior been victorious the above amounts would have been trebled, as I would have cashed the "All A Selections" ticket in addition to the big ticket.

But that's what might have been.  What actually came to be was a correct Late Pick Four sequence of  6 / 3 / 1 / 4  which paid $61.85 for a fifty cent wager.  That makes for a profit of $5.85 on my initial $56.00 investment, or approximate odds of 0.10-1.  Which sure ain't much; but as my close personal friend Sully likes to say, no one ever went broke cashing tickets.

I hope you all had it with me.  May God bless us as we spend our winnings.

Onto the next race!

Peace and Love,

Jimbo

No comments: