Saturday, October 27, 2018

10/27/18 Santa Anita Late Pick Four - Results

Race 8 - # 9 Acker (Final Odds 3.90) - "A" Selection
Race 9 - # 9 Madame Vestal (7.40) - "B" Selection
Race 10 - The Autumn Miss - # 5 Toinette (2.40) - "A" Selection
Race 11 - # 4 Ketos (4.50) - "B" Selection

Since I often bemoan how frequently the final cut when paring down my list of contenders winds up costing me a win, it seems only right that I point out that Ketos was a late addition to the big ticket, added only because # 1 Reverend Al was a vet scratch from the final leg earlier today.  So maybe those things do even out over the long haul.

For the record, here is the $0.50 Will Pay for the other runner to which I would have cashed in the nightcap:

# 8 St. Reno (2.90*) - $138.05 Finish: 6th

Note that # 11 Lambo Luxx was also on the big ticket; but Lambo Luxx was a post parade scratch by the veterinarian; and since St. Reno was the Post Time Favorite, he became Lambo Luxx's replacement.  So if St. Reno had won the nightcap, I would have collected the above Will Pay twice; once for having St. Reno on the big ticket, and once for having Lambo Luxx on the big ticket.

But that's what might have been.  What actually came to be was a correct Late Pick Four sequence of  9 / 9 / 5 / 4  which paid $411.40 for a fifty cent wager.  That makes for a profit of $347.90 on my initial $63.50 investment, or approximate odds of 5.48-1.

I hope you all had it with me.  May God bless us as we spend our winnings.

Onto the next race!

Peace and Love,

Jimbo

No comments: