Saturday, January 14, 2023

1/14/23 Turfway Park Late Pick Four - Results

Race 5 - # 11 Forglo (Final Odds 9.98) - "C" Selection
Race 6 - # 2 Gallant Guy (17.67) - "C" Selection
Race 7 - The Likely Exchange - # 9 Bella Conchita (16.96) - No Selection
Race 8 - # 9 Amazon Queen (2.88) - "A" Selection

So I got an "A" Selection home that wasn't the Post Time Favorite.  Unfortunately, that's pretty much it as far as positive news goes regarding my play.  And even that silver lining comes with a bit of a cloud, as I got my top selection home in the leg where I went deepest on the primary ticket; meaning that greater faith in my top pick would have yielded either a lower cost play, or a wider spread in the other legs where, as can be seen, a wider spread would have been justified.

Speaking of spreading wider, I could say that there was another positive in my play; in that my Late Pick Four play paid the same amount as if I had put it all on my big ticket single, # 6 Kate's Kingdom (1.16*) in Race 7.  To put it in the kindest terms, Saturday wasn't Kate's Kingdom day, as she finished sixth, approximately seven length in back of the winner.  So had I bet it all on Kate's Kingdom in Race 7, I would have gotten back the same amount as I received with my Late Pick Four play.

Somewhat more seriously, it could be said that a larger positive is being overlooked.  I've frequently written in this blog that, if you're gonna miss, you might as well miss big; because miss one, miss two, miss 'em all, it's all the same as far as the amount that you collect.  So perhaps having whiffed on the first three legs of Saturday's sequence can be seen as a cleansing, of sorts; while getting my "A" Selection home in the final leg provided momentum leading into my next multi-race play.  So the future remains bright; even though Saturday's results can be summed up with the phrase:

Oh well; onto the next race.

Meanwhile, those who had the correct Late Pick Four sequence of  11 / 2 / 9 / 9  were rewarded with a payout of $14,094.87 for their fifty cent wager.  May God bless them as they spend their winnings.

Peace and Love,

Jimbo

No comments: