Thursday, January 5, 2023

1/5/23 Turfway Park Late Pick Four - Results

Race 5 - # 6 Miranda Rights (Final Odds 1.11*) - "A" Selection
Race 6 - # 3 Maybe Later (2.93) - "C+" Selection
Race 7 - # 6 Charlee O (7.05) - "B+" Selection
Race 8 - # 8 Bobbie Sox (14.18) - "C+" Selection

I was surprised that the public made Miranda Rights the Post Time Favorite in the opening leg.  As I wrote in the preview, I really thought that # 1 Donegal Arrow (2.35), who took the Place behind Miranda Rights, would get the lion's share of the Win Pool.  Sill, while my reasoning was off, my selection was right, as I had Miranda Rights as my top pick.  So a nice bit of good luck there.

Unfortunately, I wasn't quite as lucky as the sequence went on.  Maybe Later really should have been on the big ticket, just from what I wrote about her in the preview.  Charlee O deserved stronger consideration as my "A" Selection in the third leg, based upon how much she was dropping in class.

And yet, despite all that, I was still alive heading into the nightcap.  So all things considered, I have nothing to complain about; especially as regards luck.  Meaning that the best way to wrap this up is to just say:

Oh well, onto the next race.

For the record, here are the $0.50 Will Pays for the two runners to which I would have cashed in the last leg of the sequence:

# 4 Three Sport Coats (7.58) - $647.83 Finish: 6th
# 5 Miss J D (2.98) - $186.01 Finish: 12th

Meanwhile, those who had the correct Late Pick Four sequence of  6 / 3 / 6 / 8 were rewarded with a payout of $938.91 for their fifty cent wager.  May God bless them as they spend their winnings.

Peace and Love,

Jimbo

No comments: