Wednesday, January 25, 2023

1/25/23 Turfway Park Late Pick Five - Results

Race 4 - # 12 Fast Gal (Final Odds 7.86) - "C" Selection
Race 5 - # 2 Puffin (3.09*) - "C" Selection
Race 6 - # 7 Ms Temptation - (15.07) - "C" Selection
Race 7 - # 4 Hard Rye Guy - (4.36) - "C+" Selection
Race 8 - # 13 Deise Delight (Ire) - (3.12*) - "B" Selection

As can be seen above, only one runner from my main ticket managed to find their way into the winner's circle Wednesday.  Still, in the interests of fairness, I feel that I should point out that my handicapping of Wednesday evening's card wasn't quite the disaster that the above may infer.

For example, my "A" Selection in the opening leg (Race 4), # 5 Timely Secret (5.36), was only a neck  in back of the winner at the wire.  Additionally, in the preview of the third leg (Race 6) I wrote that:

"I'm against the short priced runners here (Code For Success; Casa de Goat; and Halo of Fire) because I'm not sold on their ability to handle the surface."

As it turned out, this assessment was spot on, as can be seen by how that trio of runners fared:

# 1 Code for Success (3.51) - Finish: 5th
# 4 Casa de Goat (3.09*) - Finish: 6th
# 10 Halo of Fire (3.68) - Finish: 7th

And it further turned out that the pair that I tied my fortune to for that contest, "B+" Selection # 9 Two Sixtyone (3.18) and "A" Selection # 8 Current Climate (5.59), both finished ahead of the above listed trio.  Unfortunately for me, neither Two Sixtyone nor Current Climate were able to finish in front of Ms Temptation, as they instead filled out the bottom two rungs of the Trifecta behind Ms Temptation, taking the Place and Show (respectively).

So there were some bright spots in the analysis of Wednesday's card.  There just weren't enough of them.

Oh well; onto the next race.

Meanwhile, those who had the correct Late Pick Five sequence of  12 / 2 / 7 / 4 / 13  were rewarded with a payout of $4,830.65 for their fifty cent wager.  Those who had four out of the five correct collect $56.61.  May God bless all who profited as they spend their winnings.

Peace and Love,

Jimbo

No comments: