Saturday, June 10, 2017

6/10/17 Belmont Park All Grade 1 Pick Four - Results

Race 8 - The Just a Game - # 7 Antonoe (Final Odds 3.10) - "C" Selection
Race 9 - The Metropolitan - # 9 Mor Spirit (2.55*) - "B" Selection
Race 10 - The Manhattan - # 5 Ascend (27.50) - No Selection
Race 11 - The Belmont - # 2 Tapwrit (5.30) - "B" Selection

God bless you if you had Ascend, who had never previously competed in a Graded Stakes, and who was carrying his fourth different rider in last four starts, on top of your tickets; because I sure didn't.  But while Ascend's win was unexpected, it was certainly decisive; as he crossed under the wire more than a length in front of Place finisher # 4 Time Test (GB) (1.35*), who was seemingly without excuse.  More to the point as regards my play, Ascend's victory spares me the pain of wondering why I did not have Antone on my big ticket, as that would be the question that I would now be asking myself had "A" Selection Time Test beaten Ascend to the wire.

Oh well; onto the next race.

Meanwhile, those who had the correct Belmont Stakes Pick Four sequence of  7 / 9 / 5 / 2  were rewarded with a payout of $3,010.50 for their fifty cent wager.  May God bless them as they spend their winnings.

Peace and Love,

Jimbo

No comments: