Sunday, July 22, 2018

7/22/18 Del Mar Late Pick Four - Results

Race 6 - The Wickerr - # 13 Double Touch (GB) (Final Odds 29.40) - No Selection
Race 7 - # 3 Mother Mother (0.60*) - "A" Selection & "C" Selection*
Race 8 - The Eddie Read - # 6 Catapult (21.00) - "C" Selection
Race 9 - # 7 If You Like It (2.00*) - "A" Selection

* # 7 She's My Gem, a backup "C" Selection, was a late scratch from Race 7, so I received Mother Mother, the Post Time Favorite, in her place.

My original plan when writing up my play was to go "ALL" on the Eddie Read on the big ticket, and then single If You Like It in the nightcap.  But I didn't like the fact that If You Like It was just one-for-ten in her career on Fast dirt tracks entering Sunday's contest.  As I've written many times in the past, few things in this game will make you feel more foolish than using multiple runners in a single leg just to watch the Post Time Favorite win for fun; and the nightcap proved to be just one more example of that principle.  But all that is just a thought exercise as to what might have been; because no matter how I played the final three legs of the sequence I wasn't going to cash Sunday, because there was no way I was finding Double Touch (GB) in the Wickerr.

Oh well; onto the next race.

Meanwhile, those who had the correct Late Pick Four sequence of  13 / 3 / 6 / 7  were rewarded with a payout of $3,199.15 for their fifty cent wager.  May God bless them as they spend their winnings.

Peace and Love,

Jimbo

No comments: