Saturday, June 16, 2018

6/16/18 Santa Anita Late Pick Four - Results

Race 8 - # 4 Red Livy (Ire) (Final Odds 0.70*) - "A" Selection
Race 9 - # 11 Perfect Wager (2.30) - "B" Selection
Race 10 - # 8 Helen Hillary (1.00*) - "A" Selection
Race 11 - # 9 Blame Joe (1.90*) - "B" Selection

I spread wide, I dug deep, only to watch Post Time Favorites take three of the four legs in the sequence, with the remaining leg going to the second choice on the board.  Perhaps most incriminating of my play was the final leg, where I used every runner in some way, shape, or form, only to see the Post Time Favorite cross under the wire more than ten lengths in front of the rest of the field.

For the record, here are the $0.50 Will Pays for the other two runners to which I would have cashed in the nightcap:

# 2 Gutsy Effort (2.90) - $39.95 Finish: 6th
# 10 Eleazar Warrior (6.80) - $84.50 Finish: 5th

But that's what might have been.  What actually came to be was a correct Late Pick Four sequence of  4 / 11 / 8 / 9  which paid $31.45 for a fifty cent wager; much less than my initial investment of $121.50.  So while I cashed Saturday, I certainly didn't win.

Oh well; onto the next race.

Peace and Love,

Jimbo

No comments: