Saturday, June 30, 2018

6/30/18 Oak Tree At Pleasanton Late Pick Four - Results

Race 6 - # 4 Tough Timber (Final Odds 4.10) - "B" Selection
Race 7 - # 6 Son of the South (8.80) - No Selection
Race 8 - # 6 Midnight Ming (6.00) - No Selection
Race 9 - # 2 Know Pepper (3.50) - "C" Selection

Those who employ the light bulb handicapping angle (that is, betting a horse that broke its maiden last time out after having failed to graduate quite a few times previously) were no doubt all over Son of the South in the second leg; and congrats to them, as they were well rewarded.  For myself, I had seen that Son of the South had hit the board only once in his prior ten tries on a Fast dirt track, and thought therefore that it was safe to exclude him from my play.  I was mistaken.

Of course, whiffing on Son of the South was not the only error in my analysis Saturday.  Indeed, none of my four "A" Selections were able to find their way into the Exacta, let alone the Winner's Circle.  Still, I take some solace in the fact that the wagering public did not fare much better than I with the sequence; as not only did all four Post Time Favorites fail to win, only one, # 7 Tune to Win (1.90*) in the second leg, was able to gain the Place.

Oh well; onto the next race.

Meanwhile, those who had the correct Late Pick Four sequence of  4 / 6 / 6 / 2  were rewarded with a payout of $1,038.20 for their fifty cent wager.  May God bless them as they spend their winnings.

Peace and Love,

Jimbo

No comments: