Sunday, August 13, 2017

8/13/17 Santa Rosa Late Pick Four - Results

Race 7 - # 7 Private Marini (Final Odds 1.60*) - "A" Selection
Race 8 - # 7 Matter of Luck (0.70*) - "A" Selection
Race 9 - The Jess Jackson Juvenile - # 6 Artie B Good (0.70*) - "A" Selection
Race 10 - # 2 Fiery Lady (1.80*) - "A" Selection

Sunday's Late Pick Four was pretty much the epitome of a chalk fest, as the public had it right in each of the final four contests on the Santa Rosa card.  Fortunately for me, Sunday also proved to be a fine example of why it's a good idea to press your top selections.

For the record, here are the $0.50 Will Pays for the other three runners to which I would have cashed in the finale:

# 3 Dreamy Gal (8.20) - $55.70 Finish: 4th
# 4 The Incident (14.50) - $119.55 Finish: 7th
# 6 Beautiful Becca (3.10) - $30.45 Finish: 5th

But that's what might have been.  What actually came to be was a correct Late Pick Four sequence of  7 / 7 / 6 / 2  which paid $20.80 for a fifty cent wager.  Since I had it three times, I collect $62.40.  That makes for a profit of $21.40 on the initial $41 investment, or approximate odds of 0.52-1; which, while not as profitable as if I had just put it all on my big ticket single, Matter of Luck, to Win, is still profit; and is therefore greatly appreciated.

I hope you all had it with me.  May God bless us as we spend our winnings.

Onto the next race!

Peace and Love,

Jimbo

No comments: