Sunday, January 28, 2018

1/28/18 Santa Anita Late Pick Four - Results

Race 6 - # 8 Foxy Fresh (Final Odds 1.90*) - "B" Selection
Race 7 - # 6 Toinette (1.40*) - "B" Selection
Race 8 - # 3 Yuvetsi (5.70) - "A" Selection
Race 9 - # 5 Epical (19.00) - "C" Selection

As has happened more times than I care to remember, a contest which I considered to be oh so complex proved to be oh so simple to the betting public; as the opening leg, a race in which I considered hitting the "ALL" button, and did in fact use every entrant in some form or another, saw the Post Time Favorite romp with ease, leading the field every step of the way while winning by as many as she pleased.  Had I had a better handle on that leg, I might have had room on the big ticket for the eventual winner of the nightcap, instead of merely using him as a backup.

Oh well; onto the next race.

For the record, here are the $0.50 Will Pay for the runners to which I would have cashed in the finale:

# 2 Concur (1.60*) - $103.50 Finish: 3rd
# 10 Fengari (2.80) - $152.75 Finish: 10th

I also had # 6 Pali High, who was scratched, on the big ticket.  Since I received the Post Time Favorite, Concur, in Pali High's place, the above payout would have been doubled had Concur crossed under the wire first.

Meanwhile, those who had the correct Late Pick Four sequence of  8 / 6 / 3 / 5  were rewarded with a payout of $707.65 for their fifty cent wager.  May God bless them as they spend their winnings.

Peace and Love,

Jimbo

No comments: