Saturday, November 18, 2017

11/18/17 Golden Gate Fields Late Pick Four - Results

Race 6 - # 2 Spot N the Line (Final Odds 4.70) - "B" Selection
Race 7 - The Oakland - # 4 Right Hand Man (8.70) - No Selection
Race 8 - # 5 Spring Heat (4.20) - "A" Selection
Race 9 - # 3 Sweet River Baines (0.70*) - "A" Selection

In the second leg of the sequence, "B" Selection # 8 Mach One Rules (5.90) was a nose too late in getting to the wire.  Had Mach One Rules reached the line a nostril sooner, Saturday's play would have been a winner.  But the real story of Saturday's result wasn't the slim margin of defeat in the second leg; but rather lay in the decision as to which contest would produce the chaos result.

In the preview I remarked how I considered the third leg of Saturday's sequence to be indecipherable; but in that contest I actually got my top pick, my only "A" Selection in that race, home.  Meanwhile, the leg prior, the featured stakes on the card, was the contest which actually proved to be unpredictable, as none of the public's top three choices was able to make their way into the Superfecta; a Superfecta which paid $391.08 for a dime.

So while racing luck resulted in a horse's nose being the difference Saturday between collecting and contributing, the overriding reason for defeat rests with not knowing which race would prove to be formful, and which contest was going to bring the chaos.  And for that reason, on a day in which I got my big ticket single home, as well as a non-Post Time Favorite "A" Selection, I find myself trashing my tickets instead of cashing them.

Oh well; onto the next race.

Meanwhile, those who had the correct Late Pick Four sequence of  2 / 4 / 5 / 3  were rewarded with a payout of $470 for their fifty cent wager.  May God bless them as they spend their winnings.

Peace and Love,

Jimbo

No comments: