Sunday, December 3, 2017

12/3/17 Golden Gate Fields Late Pick Four - Results

Race 6 - # 2 The Public Halo (Final Odds 7.20) - "B" Selection
Race 7 - # 6 Avalanche (8.20) - "C" Selection
Race 8 - # 5 One Tuff Minister (2.40) - "B" Selection
Race 9 - # 8 Joe Jackson (2.80*) - "A" & "B" Selection*

* # 6 Sizzling Evening, a "B" Selection, was a late scratch in Race 9.  I therefore received the Post Time Favorite, # 8 Joe Jackson, as his replacement on my tickets.

You know how this works: had 'em all, but not all on any one ticket.  Make Avalanche a "B" Selection in the second leg and I collect; actually, thanks to the gate scratch of Sizzling Evening in the nightcap, I collect twice.  But playing it that way would have doubled the cost of the big ticket, as the second leg was where I had singled with # 2 Impression (1.00*), who took the Place in that contest, crossing under the wire a little more than two lengths behind Avalanche.  So instead of collecting Sunday I contribute, with the minor consolation that I won just as much as if I had just put it all on Impression to win.

Oh well; onto the next race.

Meanwhile, those who had the correct Late Pick Four sequence of  2 / 6 / 5 / 8  were rewarded with a payout of $614.95 for their fifty cent wager.  May God bless them as they spend their winnings.

Peace and Love,

Jimbo

No comments: