Friday, May 4, 2018

5/4/18 Churchill Downs Kentucky Oaks Pick Four - Results

Race 8 - The Alysheba - # 4 Backyard Heaven (Final Odds 2.20) - "B" Selection
Race 9 - # 6 Devine Mischief (4.20) - "A" Selection
Race 10 - The Edgewood - # 7 Toinette (5.40) - "C" Selection
Race 11 - The Kentucky Oaks - # 14 Monomoy Girl (2.60) - "A" Selection

I made # 3 Always Dreaming (1.90*) my "A" Selection in the Alysheba primarily because I knew the 2017 Kentucky Derby winner was capable of getting two turns; while Backyard Heaven's ability to do the same was uncertain, as all three of Backyard Heaven's prior career starts had been around just one turn.  But after those two battled on the front end from the moment they left the gate on into the stretch, it was Always Dreaming who threw in the towel; while Backyard Heaven kept finding more on his way to an easy victory.  Had I used Backyard Heaven as an "A" Selection I would have collected Friday; but I didn't, so I contributed instead.

Oh well; onto the next race.

Meanwhile, those who had the correct Kentucky Oaks Pick Four sequence of  4 / 6 / 7 / 14  were rewarded with a payout of $326.60 for their fifty cent wager.  May God bless them as they spend their winnings.

Peace and Love,

Jimbo

No comments: